A PAN provides data transmission between devices such as computers, smartphones, tablets and personal digital assistants.
PAN is a computer network to interconnect devices focused on the workspace of a person.
It is used for communication between personal devices themselves or to connect to a higher level network and the Internet.
The wireless personal area network (WPAN) is a low power PAN that transports through a short distance wireless network technology.
Also Read: What is Network Software? – Definition, Advantages, and More
What are the advantages of PAN?
Firstly, Advantages of Personal Area Network are:
No additional extra space is required
- The personal area network does not require additional cable or space.
- To connect two devices, you only need to enable Bluetooth on both devices to start sharing data between them.
Connecting to multiple devices at once
- Many devices can connect to one device at the same time in a personal area network.
- And also, You can connect a mobile device to many other mobile devices or tablets to share files.
Easy to use
- And also, It is easy to use.
- Advanced configuration is not required. It is becoming easier to configure.
- This network is protected because all devices authorize before sharing data.
- And also, Third-party injection and data piracy are not possible in PAN.
What are the disadvantages of PAN?
Secondly, Disadvantages of the personal area network are:
Less distance range
The signal range is a maximum of a few meters, which limits long-distance exchange.
Interference with radio signals
As the personal area network uses infrared and radio messages can be interfered with by other signals.
Bluetooth and infrared data have a slow data transfer rate compared to other types of networks such as LAN (local area network).
What are the examples of [PAN]?
Examples of personal area network are:
- Wireless keyboards
- Wireless mice
- TV remote controls
- Wireless printers
- Game consoles
And also, Smartphone technologies include infrared, Bluetooth, FireWire, ZigBee, Ultrawideband, Wibree, wireless USB.
Also Read: What is Alexa? – Definition,Types, Privacy, and More