What is a Printer?
These documents can be texts or images that are printed on a sheet or transparency using ink cartridges or laser technology.
The connection Most printers are to a computer through a cable. Although there are also wireless printers, which have an internal network interface. And also, which allows any network user to print documents.
Also Read: What is Television? – Definition, Features, Types and More
- Some of the features we have of the printers are the printing speed. And which determines in the pages per minute (ppm) or characters per second (cps).
- The resolution refers to the quality of the print and it expresses by the number of points (pixels) that the printer can create on paper.
- The memory buffer (temporary data storage area in the printer), a connection interface, cartridges, integrated memory. And finally, we have the paper.
- Each printer has specific printing methods, because there are various technologies, in terms of image quality, print speed, cost, noise, internal and external design.
- This makes each printer different, among the types of printers we have toner, inkjet, solid ink, impact, dot matrix, sublimation of ink.
- In addition to the printers mentioned above, today new technologies have emerged that take us to braille, line and 3D type printers that allow you to have a copy of the 3D document.
- And finally, multifunction printers that not only you can print and can even take photocopies, and it is also possible to send a fax, in some cases.
Types of Printers
Printers are typically classified taking into account features such as the color scale that is capable of printing. That is, in colors or black and white, the type of connection, the number of pages per minute that are capable of processing and printing. And the specific type of technology used for it.
In the following paragraphs, we will know the different types of printers that we can find in the market.
Dot Matrix Printers
- Line printer
- Daisy printer
- Matrix printer.
Also Read: Why are Businesses Turning to Companies Like Evisort to Manage Their Contracts?
How to Motivate Staff and Increase Productivity
Motivate Staff and Increase Productivity Did you know that 81% of employees are currently thinking about leaving their job in search of…