What is a PAN [Personal Area Network]? – Definition, Examples, and More
PAN is a computer network to interconnect devices focused on the workspace of a person.
It is used for communication between personal devices themselves or to connect to a higher level network and the Internet.
Also Read: What is Network Software? – Definition, Advantages, and More
What are the advantages of PAN?
Firstly, Advantages of Personal Area Network are:
No additional extra space is required
- The personal area network does not require additional cable or space.
- To connect two devices, you only need to enable Bluetooth on both devices to start sharing data between them.
Connecting to multiple devices at once
- Many devices can connect to one device at the same time in a personal area network.
- And also, You can connect a mobile device to many other mobile devices or tablets to share files.
Easy to use
- And also, It is easy to use.
- Advanced configuration is not required. It is becoming easier to configure.
- This network is protected because all devices authorize before sharing data.
- And also, Third-party injection and data piracy are not possible in PAN.
What are the disadvantages of PAN?
Secondly, Disadvantages of the personal area network are:
Less distance range
The signal range is a maximum of a few meters, which limits long-distance exchange.
Interference with radio signals
As the personal area network uses infrared and radio messages can be interfered with by other signals.
Bluetooth and infrared data have a slow data transfer rate compared to other types of networks such as LAN (local area network).
What are the examples of [PAN]?
Examples of personal area network are:
And also, Smartphone technologies include infrared, Bluetooth, FireWire, ZigBee, Ultrawideband, Wibree, wireless USB.
Also Read: What is Alexa? – Definition,Types, Privacy, and More
5 DevOps Tools To Accelerate Your Enterprise Deployment
There are several DevOps tools to accelerate your enterprise deployment. Certainly, the software development market has been growing steadily due…
Why You Should Launch Your E-Commerce Business Now
Launch Your E-Commerce Business E-Commerce is a big business, with global sales in the trillions every year. And part of…