Just as we can use it to read an e-book, watch videos, Movies listen to music, view photographs or digital images. They are also excellent for capturing data in text, filming videos, taking pictures and capturing audio.
- It is a computer halfway between a laptop and a PDA (portable cellular device), on which you can write via a touch screen.
- A user can use a stylus (or stylus) to work with the tablet without the need for a keyboard or mouse.
The first to arrive was the iPad, launched by Apple in 2010. With the promise of revolutionising the leisure market through a device with multiple benefits reaching commercial success by finally providing the right interface.
Currently, virtually all manufacturers of electronic equipment have ventured into the production of electronic tablets. Which has led to the market being flooded with a huge number of tablets with different sizes, applications, price, and operating systems:
Also Read: What is Spyware? Definition, Types, How to Protect from it? and More
What are the features of a Tablet?
They integrate processors that consume less energy, although they incorporate less memory. There are models available in the market that include a micro SD slot, thus increasing storage possibilities.
By being a panoramic format device they stand out for their lightness, versatility and small dimensions (between 7 ‘and 10’) which greatly facilitates their portability.
- They are halfway between a smartphone and a laptop. They are more focused on application access (apps) than content creation.
- Another remarkable feature of these devices is their tactile nature. Which makes it possible to dispense with a physical keyboard or mouse.
- Although some new models such as the new HTC Flyer incorporate a pointer or keyboard support (models iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, and HP Topaz). And the rest of the devices do not need more than the light touch by the user to operate with the different applications.
They are intuitive, fast tools that do not require instrumental learning by the user. So, for the first time, it is a technology that adapts to the user and not vice versa.
- The operating system used by these devices is an evolution of Windows XP optimized to work with mobile processors, which consume less energy.
- The special software provided by the operating system allows us to perform handwriting, take freehand notes and draw on the screen. Thus, it is useful for doing fieldwork.
What are the benefits of a Tablet?
- It allows to meet the multimedia needs since it enables: to play music, Omar and play photos (digital frame), view, and record videos. And also, in some models, it even offers the possibility to watch videos in connection with a TV or monitor.
- Provide Internet access options through WI-FI (wireless network connectivity) or 3G network support. And also, web browsing, search, voice navigation, GPS, weather station, sending and receiving emails.
- And it also provides Internet calls Free of charge, access to RSS, and forums. Synchronization of Google accounts, social media tracking.
- Agenda, events, and contacts manager.
- Support for taking notes or making graphics and drawings.
- Simple document manager through applications that emulate word processors, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Reading support through e-reader applications (electronic books) or the possibility of reading press and magazines in digital format.
- Educational resource for its versatility, portability, and functionality.
Also Read: What is Malware (Malicious Software)? Definition, Types and More
7 Post-Purchase Email Ideas That Really Work
7 Post-Purchase Email Ideas That Really Work In the world of email marketing, there’s almost nothing more powerful than the…