What is Network Optimization? Definition, Benefits and More
Network Optimization Definition
Network Optimization is a superior type of linear programming model. The use of this technology is to improve network performance for a given environment.
Network Optimization is an essential component of effective information system management. Besides, it plays a vital role in the growth of information technology at exponential rates with various business users who produces a large volume of data and consuming larger bandwidth networks.
Benefits of Network Optimization
- Reduce IT costs by offloading traffic from the origin infrastructure and also reducing support desk demands.
- Increase revenue by improving the web application experience for customers and partners.
- Improve employee productivity by reducing application downtime and accelerating application delivery to remote or mobile employees.
- Investigate application performance in more detail, including end-user monitoring and advanced Video Analytics.
Also Read: Top 11 ExtraTorrent Alternatives + 12 Mirror Sites
Tools and methods of network optimization
The difficulty will also come from the fact that in each of these scenarios, the costs for the same operation may differ depending on the filling rates, the empty kilometers, the operating mode of the truck fleet, etc.
In short, when we combine dozens of origin streams, potential carriers (with each of the different modes of transport and pricing), usable platforms, several hundred final destinations to deliver, the complexity is very high, and the number of almost infinite combinations.
It is then necessary to use appropriate optimization methods and tools. These use the fundamentals of operations research (linear programming, simplex algorithm, etc.). And also, some optimization tools use an ILOG CPLEX engine to cross databases and study all possible combinations to obtain the optimal solution.
Network Optimization in Cloud Computing Services
In the cloud computing era, network optimization solutions that focus only on what happened in the data center are not enough. But also, to achieve the goal of delivering applications in a safe, reliable, and high-performance manner. Not only the data center network. But also, the Internet connection that links end users to the data center is subject to network optimization. Need to do it.
Network optimization provided by cloud network experts
- Advanced edge caching: In most cases, reduce the network distance between users and content to a single network hop.
- Real-time IP routing optimization: Use the best performing path between the end user and the origin infrastructure when the request cannot be satisfied from the cache.
- TCP layer optimization: Increase connection setup speed and reduce round trips.
- Distributed DNS solution: Ensure that the primary DNS server is not directly exposed to end-users.
- Global load balancing: Distributes load to multiple origin data centers based on Internet conditions and data center conditions.
Also Read: 13377x Torrent – Download Movies, Games, Software, Music and More
Top Software to Erase Hard Drives and SSDs in PCs, Laptops & Mac Devices
Software to Erase Hard Drives and SSDs in PCs Laptops Mac Devices Today, data is everywhere – and forgetting to…
General Transcription Rules Every Transcriber Must Know
Transcription is the process of converting audio or video files into text. Every category of transcription has its own set…