What is ICT (Information and Communication Technologies)? – Definition
ICT is an acronym of Information and Communication Technologies. The set of technologies developed to manage information and send it from one place to another. They cover a wide range of solutions. They include technologies to store information and retrieve it later. And also, send and receive information from one site to another. Or-else, process information to calculate results and prepare reports.
What are ICTs, and what are their beginnings?
Information and communication technologies unleashed an explosion with no history of ways of communicating at the beginning of the 1990s. From there, the Internet went from being an expert instrument of the community scientific to be an easy-to-use network. Network that modified social interaction patterns.
Information and Communication technologies are those computational and computer tools that process, store, summarize, retrieve, and present information represented in the most varied way.
It is a set of tools, supports, and channels for the treatment and access to information. They constitute new media and channels to shape, register, store and disseminate informational content.
One of the top product and tech review site which provide reviews on information and communication technologies.
Also Read: LAN definition
History of ICT’s
The story shows how a unique system that uses torches on distant towers allowed as far as 300 AD. The transmission of the 25 combinations corresponding to each of the letters of the Greek alphabet.
But it is not until the middle of the last century XIX that shows the real technological advances. Technologies in the transmission of data with the invention of the telegraph and the telephone. Together with the creation by professor mathematics at the University of Cambridge in (1833). Charles Babbage, of a mechanical device capable of make a chain of calculations, essence of the software.
The end of the twentieth century, in particular, has been marked by a technological convergence until now independent. This convergence experienced by Electronics, Information Technology, and Telecommunications. And it has its greatest exponent in the vertiginous growth achieved by the Internet.
Pros of ICT’s:
- Provide great benefits and advances in health and education.
- Develop people and social actors through support and exchange networks and discussion list.
- Support business people, locals to present and sell their products through the Internet.
- Allow interactive learning and distance education.
- Distribute new knowledge for employ ability.
Cons of ICT’s:
- Lack of privacy
- Loss of jobs
What are the characteristics of ICT’S?
- They are of character innovative and creative; They give access new forms of communication.
- ICT’s have greater dominance and benefit in higher proportion to the educational area since it makes it more accessible and dynamic.
- They are considered subjects of public and political debate since their use implies a promising future.
- Information and Communication Technologies are more frequently related to the use of the Internet and computing.
- They affect many areas of science human as sociology, the theory of organizations or management.
- In Latin America they stand out with their use in universities and institutions.
Information and Communication Technologies are indisputable. And also they are part of the technological culture that surrounds us with which we must live. Expand our physical and mental abilities. And the possibilities of social development.
ICTs contribute to the emergence of new values, causing continuous changes in our structure’s economic, social and cultural rights.
The enormous impact of ICT in all areas of our lives makes it increasingly difficult. Difficult for us to act effectively by discarding them.
Also Read: Microsoft Headquarters Address
Rescued by Check Disk (chkdsk)
Check Disk – I consider myself to be an excellent problem-solver. This is a large part of the reason why…
Five Technologies Local Businesses Can Use To Get More Sales Online
Get More Sales Online 2020 hasn’t been a good year for businesses. Covid pandemic resulted in many businesses and industries…