The FirePass is F5’s VPN / SSL solution. It comes in the form of a rackable appliance (1u or 2u). The FirePass is the complete solution for securely accessing enterprise applications via a Web interface, without any software or specific configuration for the remote client.
Also Read: Why are Businesses Turning to Companies Like Evisort to Manage Their Contracts?
It offers the first graphical editor of market rules via the Visual Policy Editor and a software development kit (Software Developer’s Kit- SDK) which facilitate the handling (reduction of the total cost of ownership)
- It has a new integrity control function for client workstations.
- And also, authentication to the Microsoft domain via the VPN / SSL tunnel.
- In addition, it supports a dynamic tunnel for all types of client/server applications.
- Possibility of offering a secure virtual office during the user session on an insecure workstation.
- Single virtual keyboard to protect against key loggers or key loggers).
Dyn App Tunnels: Wider interoperability with applications (complex web applications or those using dynamic ports).
And also, ActiveSync support for PDA and Windows Mobile 2003 on the messaging part.
Why use an SSL VPN?
- SSL is the protocol commonly used to secure transmissions across a network. And also the TLS protocol which is developed from the SSL protocol confirms this success.
- SSL is a programming layer that inserts between the application layer (like HTTP) and the TCP transport layer.
- Also, SSL uses the public and private type encryption key system of the RSA company which also includes the use of an X509 certificate.
- In addition, it provides SSL or TLS protocols as standard on browsers Explorer, Mozilla, and Netscape.
Access enterprise applications with FirePass
- Web Adapter: Access to the company’s internal Web servers.
- Terminal Server Adapter: Access to Microsoft Terminal Servers and Citrix MetaFrame applications in web format.
- Desktop Adapter: Secure control of corporate desktop PCs.
- Host Adapter: Access in web format to applications in VT100, VT320, Telnet, XTerm, and also IBM 3270/5250.
- File Server Adapter: Browse, upload, download, copy, move or delete files on shared directories: Windows and Netware.
- Email Adapter: Access to POP / IMAP / SMTP mail servers and LDAP addresses.
- Mobile Adapter: Access from PDAs, Palm OS, mobile phones, WAP, and iMode phones.
Also Read: What is CVSS? – Definition, Uses, Functioning and More
The Best Opportunity Platform to Make Money with Bitcoin
Among the list of online trading sources is one of the best and important sources of investment plans for the…
Backuptrans iPhone Whatsapp to Android Transfer
If you are in search of transferring your iPhone Whatsapp to android then you come to the right place. This…