AES security features
AES is the highest level advanced encryption standard algorithm due to the following features:
- Security: AES algorithms can withstand attacks much better than other encryption methods.
- Cost: The AES algorithm is intended to be used globally, without exclusivity and copyright. Also, it is efficient in terms of computational and memory level.
- Implementation: The Advanced encryption standard algorithm is flexible and highly suitable when it implements in hardware and software, as well as simple to implement.
Also Read: Want to become a photographer? Here’s what you should know
The block encryption algorithm
This encryption method stores information using a block encryption algorithm. The blocks establish simple text input and encrypted text output, measured in bits.
In total, three-block ciphers can perform with AES: [AES-128], [AES-192], and [AES-256]. Each [AES] encryption encrypts and decrypts data in blocks of 128 using the cryptographic keys of 128, 192 and 256 bits, but the 256 bit is the most secure.
For 128-bit keys, there are about ten rounds of the encryption process, 12 & 14 rounds for the 192-bit and 256-bit keys, respectively. The AES algorithm is symmetric, which means that it uses the same key for the encryption and decryption process, so the sender and the recipient know that they use the same key.
First of all, It allows any commercial, non-profit, private, and public organization or individual to use it for free. Here are some common uses for the AES algorithm:
Virtual private networks (VPNs) usually use AES. A VPN is a tool that guarantees you a secure network connection by sending your IP address to a safe server operated by the provider somewhere else in the world. They work particularly well when connected to an open and unsecured network like a coffee shop.
File and compression tools
Any compressed file in order to reduce its size and minimize its impact on your hard drive most likely depends on the software that contains [AES] encryption. Usually, you can download this software from the Internet, such as Winzip, 7 Zip, and RAR.
Disk / partition encryption
If you are familiar with cryptography and strive to ensure your data is secure. The disk/partition encryption software you are using integrates an [AES] algorithm. Software such as BitLocker, FileVault, and CipherShed work with [AES] to maintain the privacy of your information.
- Password tools: It is known that master password tools use 256-bit AES encryption to guarantee user data.
- Video games: The developers such as Rockstar who make Grand Theft Autousan [AES] encrypted games to prevent hackers from transferring their multiplayer servers.
- Messaging Apps: WhatsApp is famous for encrypting your messages through the application with AES.
How to Look Up a Phone Number for Free Online?
Phone Number for Free Online It’s aggravating to receive repeated unknown calls, particularly when they’re from telemarketers. If you live…
How to Stay in Your Customers’ News Feeds Using the Boosted Video Maker App
Stay in Your Customers’ News Feeds Are you frustrated that your social posts achieve weak reach and therefore see precious…