What is Whitelisting? – Definition, Applications, and More
A whitelisting is of email marketing, refers to all those emails, IP addresses, and domains.
That also considers it accepts to send mail to a domain, unlike the blacklist, which blocks the reception of them.
All emails from addresses in a whitelist marked as secure sender shipments and, therefore, should not appear in a spam folder.
Also Read: What is njRat? – Definition, How was it introduced and More
How does whitelisting include?
In a good email marketing strategy, all communications of a company must be included in the white list of its customers.
- To ensure that the messages of a company do not go directly to the spam folder, you have to have several considerations:
- The first, and most important, is to have previously obtained permission from users to receive newsletters.
- Facilitate the process of unsubscribing or changing data. Like the previous point, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Segment the contact list and customize the emails (for example, with your name).
- If a user repeatedly receives content that is not interesting, he will end up sending the sender to the blacklist.
- Send clear and valuable information to the recipient.
- Do not bombard users with repeated messages. In most email marketing strategies, a weekly newsletter is enough.
What is the weakness of Whitelisting?
A whitelisting can lead to high maintenance requirements.
- Since everything that is not entered in the list is prohibited, new destinations, applications or contacts must be constantly updated.
- Only when the list has been updated the user can achieve the new goals or run the new applications.
- Often, whitelisting in companies requires automatic procedures that take over the constant list maintenance and relieve the administrators.
What are the areas of application and examples?
- Whitelisting is new in a wide variety of areas in the IT environment. Firewalls often configure via whitelisting.
- Only the communication targets previously entered by an administrator in the list can communicate across the firewall.
- A whitelisting can also help with end device protection, since only the applications that listed in the whitelisting may be executed on the end device.
- E-mail systems can also control via a positive list. Only email messages recieve from trusted senders in the list.
Also Read: What is Okta? – Definition, Features, Okta Adaptive MFA and More
5 DevOps Tools To Accelerate Your Enterprise Deployment
There are several DevOps tools to accelerate your enterprise deployment. Certainly, the software development market has been growing steadily due…
Why You Should Launch Your E-Commerce Business Now
Launch Your E-Commerce Business E-Commerce is a big business, with global sales in the trillions every year. And part of…