What is a Service Desk Analyst? – Definition, Objectives and More
Service Desk Analyst Definition
A Service Desk Analyst provides front-line support and is the first contact for customers. The service desk personnel must provide customer care with the highest quality. It introduces help desk strategies and problem-solving for effective service delivery, troubleshooting skills. And also response procedures, incident management, communication skills, and ITIL processes.
The main purpose of a Service Desk Analyst aligned to best practices is to serve as a single point of interaction for all end-user needs with systems.
Also Read: Why and How Rotate Proxies When Web Scraping
- Its primary objective is to provide a channel or several, ideally high availability so that when a user requires an IT service can access it.
- It indicates that the availability of the channel is of the utmost importance. So the service desk analyst must be able to attend many contacts so that no end-user finds difficulty in communicating.
- By its nature, the service desk analyst lends itself very well to participate in other processes. Such as Incidents and Petitions, being so close to users. It offers the possibility of greatly reducing attention times.
- Besides, it offers the opportunity to reduce costs since normally the rates of a Service Desk analyst tend to be lower than those of an expert in a particular technology.
- Both approaches might sound contradictory: On the one hand, we want to keep the Service Desk availability high.
- But, on the other hand, we want to delegate more activities to maximize the value granted which could increase the time that takes more contact and, consequently, decreases the availability.
- It is because of dilemmas like this that we must consider many factors when structuring and building our Service Desk, in addition to allowing its evolution over time so that it continues to be valid.
Structure of a Service Desk
- When an organization decides to implement a Service Desk initially, it usually has strong restrictions on financial and technological resources.
- Despite the consensus in the industry of the importance and value of the Service Desk. Companies usually prefer to try conservatively before committing completely.
- As an entry point, it recommends that the Service Desk has at least two roles: Service Desk Analyst and Service Desk Coordinator.
- The first, of course, to operate the Service Desk, assist users and direct requests and incidents to the appropriate departments.
- The Coordinator is an indispensable figure if we want to develop the strategy. Since, in addition to administering the service. It must focus on the negotiation with different areas of the organization for the taking of services and the continuous improvement of the department.
- When the organization grows, the demand towards the Service Desk does too. A Service Desk that grows with the business will present challenges that require a more robust structure.
- The coordinator no longer has enough time to audit the quality of contacts, provide coaching to his team, and develop strategies.
- The experience to the end-user is a priority for the Service Desk. So quality assurance processes must implement that must be executed by a supervisor, support to the Coordinator. Or a full-time dedicated quality analyst.
- The decision that it is a complementary activity or a single responsibility will depend on the number of contacts to verify. A statistically relevant sample recommends confirming that follows the processes, and the end-user receives the best possible attention.
Also Read: How Blockchain Technology Fuel the Ecommerce Industry
13377x Proxy Unblock – 13377x Proxy List Updated July 2020
Do you want to unlock the 13377x torrent? If you are unable to access the 13377x website in your country?…
5 Ways you can Maximize Your Crypto Trading Signals
Maximize Your Crypto Trading Signals Trading cryptocurrency is more effort than a lot of people realize. It takes careful planning…