What is Service Chaining? – Definition, Benefits, and More
Service Chaining Definition
Network operators use this to set up suites or catalogs of services that enable the use of a single network connection for many functions.
An SDN controller could take a chain of services and apply them to traffic flows that depend on the source, destination, and type of traffic.
Also Read: What is a SFC (Service Function Chaining)? – Definition and More
What are the benefits of Service Chaining?
It includes many SDN and network functions virtualization (NFV) use cases and deployments.
- And also, including data centers, carrier networks (services for S/Gi-LANs), virtual customer edge, and virtual customer premises deployments.
- Similarly, A video or VOIP session has more demands than simple Web access.
- It can be beneficial by enabling automate provisioning of network applications that may have different characteristics.
- Automated can enable these sessions to set up and torn down dynamically without requiring human intervention.
- Another benefit of it is optimizing the use of network resources and improving application performance.
How does Service Chain provisioning with NFV?
- The “Chain” in service chaining represents the services that can be connected across the network using software provisioning.
- It is essential in the NFV world, where new services instantiate as software, running on commodity hardware.
- SFC and SDN network standards developed in several industry groups.
- The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) developing a service function chaining (SFC) architecture to define how network flow.
- And also, classification can be cast-off to route traffic between service functions.
- The European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) has a service architecture that uses network forwarding graphs.
And also, the Open Networking Foundation(ONF) has proposed a software-defined networking, SDN framework using OpenFlow to direct traffic to the appropriate service functions.
Also Read: What is the Overlay Network? – Definition, Objectives and More
What Does Your Organisation Need To Get Started With A CMMS Solution
CMMS Solution A computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) helps the asset-intensive businesses digitally track, plan, optimize, and measure everything to…
Common Mishaps When Organizations Use Consumer File Hosting Services for Work
File Hosting Services This year’s situation with COVID-19 and subsequent lockdowns posed new challenges for businesses, as they were forced…