What is a Network Administrator? Definition, Skills, Recruitment and More
A Network Administrator is the individual who, in a company is responsible for the proper functioning and optimization of the network of the structure. In addition, his tasks include managing the physical cabling of the network, its good routing.
That is the smooth flow of intangible information. Ensuring the security of the network and managing the different user accounts and access rights.
Qualities and Skills Needed
What are the qualities and skills needed to be hired as a network administrator?
- Of course, excellent computer skills, especially in network computing (cabling, routing protocol, cybersecurity, and management of access rights).
- But also in operating systems, since it is by these that end-users of the network will access its ability to solve complex and new problems.
- Good interpersonal skills, since, again, the end-users of the networks of the structure are human — project management capabilities, both in terms of constraints and good behavior in the long term.
- Know how to keep abreast of all technological developments, but also changes in standards, to provide the company with the best possible solution.
Also Read: What is a Network Engineer? – Definition, Responsibilities and More
Education and Training
What training and how to become a network administrator?
- Bac +2 level: DUT or BTS in computer science, networks, and telecommunication.
- Bachelor level +3: Pro license in computer science, telecommunications, and networks.
- Bac +5 level: professional master or master research specialty engineering networks or specialty systems, networks, and architecture. Or: Bac +5 level: Network-oriented engineering degree.
Evolution and Recruitments
What to do and where to go after a network administrator career?
Once proven, a [network administrator] can evolve to positions of telecommunications manager, network architect, but also leave the framework of a single company to become a consultant or business engineer.
Which companies can recruit a [Network Administrator]?
The network administrator can virtually exercise wherever there is a more or less complex network to install or upgrade. And also in practice, it can hire within a company, a government structure, or an association. Besides, it can even be employed by an external service company that will contract it with various client organizations.
Salary of a Network Administrator
What salary and how much does a network administrator earn?
The salary of a [network administrator] ranges from 32,000 to 48,000 euros, depending on the level of experience and the sector.
Also Read: Techniques to Help You Grow Your Business Using the Internet
Data Engineer vs. Data Scientist
Data Engineer vs Data Scientist It’s no hype that companies are planning to adopt digital transformation in the recent future….
Things to Consider in Choosing Best Laundry Service
Today, we are in a fast-paced lifestyle. Fortunately, the market has introduced on-demand laundry services. It caters services that will…