Virtual Memory Definition
In computing, Virtual Memory is a memory of management technique that ensures that the operating system has, for user software.
In that order, they go from lower capacity and higher speed to larger size and a lower rate.
It is especially true when the operating system allows multiple processes and applications to run simultaneously.
Also Read: How Cloud Computing Can Boost Your Small Business
Can Virtual Memory replace physical memory?
For example, my computer memory supports up to 16G, the computer has 500G solid-state hard disk, but the software I run requires 32G memory.
- If I set the stable virtual mind to a larger size, such as 50G, I make up for the lack of consciousness so that the program can run.
- It can only alleviate the problem of a temporary shortage of running memory because the speed of the hard disk and the rate of the real mind is very different.
- In terms of this memory setting, Hongwang Semiconductor recommends 1.5 to 3 times the size of physical memory.
- Although Windows will automatically set the size for you, you can still set it manually.
Another problem to note is that because this memory is too expensive for hard drives, you should consider setting too high Virtual Memory without the need to play massive games or run significant software.
Is it necessary to set up Virtual Memory?
According to Hongwang Semiconductor, our current computer state 16G running memory is enough to support us to do most of the work.
- But the existence of this memory sometimes has nothing to do with the size of physical memory.
- Such as deep learning, experimental scientific computing, and other applications.
- The software will automatically put a large amount of data into Virtual Memory.
- Users who have carefully used such software should find that there is always a few G data in this memory.
If you turn off, it will make software unsuitable and cause problems, and the high-calculation software will eat memory.
And even some software has a targeted need for Virtual Memory. If you do not open the Virtual Memory software will report an error.
Also Read: What is PCI X? – Definition, History, Types and More
- It has become an essential function in the use of our system.
- Many software can only be used in virtual memory if it can only use 1G memory.
- If it is closed, it will even lead to a software crash.
- For the current memory capacity, 8G of memory recommends allocating 20G Virtual Memory, while 16G memory is enough to allocate 24G.
- If the score is large, the hard disk life reduces due to large-scale reading and writing of the hard disk.
7 Ways to Increase Sales of Your Manufacturing Business
Ways to Increase Sales of Your Manufacturing Business Sales are what any business thrives for. If you are selling your…
How to avoid scam psychic reading sessions
How to avoid scam psychic reading sessions Initially, our grandfathers and fore fathers relied more on psychic services for their…
Romsopedia – Download best ROM games for Free