Full Page Advertising
It is something that has been misrepresented and misunderstood and has a very poor reputation.
However, it is still one of the most powerful forms of digital advertising and thanks to the rise and rise.
We’ve seen of mobile advertising even the big guns like Google and Facebook have gotten in on the act.
In the following post, we want to discuss full-page advertising, to help you see why it might be the next type of advertising campaign you attempt.
- Before the internet existed, full-page advertisements were a thing. They were often used on billboards, in newspapers, and on the television.
- When the internet became a big part of our lives, full-page advertising went digital. Over the years, different forms of full-page advertising have been used.
- The very first of its kind was the pop-up, which paved the way for a wide variety of different styles of advertising all considered a part of full-page advertising.
Why the First Pop-up Was Created?
- Pop-ups, although they can be irritating, are still a very potent advertising tool that many website owners and marketers use to great effect.
- The story of how these ads came to be as rather interesting. Ethan Zuckerman was working for Tripod.com and in response to help resolve a client’s complaint the pop-up was born.
- The client, a car manufacturer, did not like the fact that it had banned advertisements on a site that also featured sexual content. Tripod.com was a hosting site.
- As a solution, Zuckerman created a code that launched all ads into separate windows. Due to its convenience, it used extensively throughout the online ad industry and still is today.
- Following on from its success, other forms of full-page advertising have been created. Let’s look at the most common.
What are the Different Kinds of Full-Page Advertising?
Full Page Banners
- These are ads that enable you to add a banner image and design to a specific webpage.
- They normally take up the full width of the page and are popular in the mobile advertising market.
- Interstitial or in-between ads featured on a page that comes either before or after a user reaches the content, they were intending on looking at.
- Generally, you will find that they often darken the screen you were previously looking at or a timer will be displayed.
Popunders and Popups
- Popups and popunders are very similar to one another.
- Popups, the original form of full-page advertisement, displayed in front of a page that clicked on, whereas popunders appear underneath all other browser windows.
- There has been a recent shift by many companies like Ad-Maven towards using alternatives to popups and popunders because they are not deemed as effective and can scare off potential customers and leads.
New Tab Ads
- These are ads that trigger when you click through to a specific website or webpage.
- They open in a separate tab, while the original website on the other tab replaced by an ad page through a redirect URL.
Why Native Advertising Is Important Guide To Native Advertising
Important Guide To Native Advertising Native advertising or local promoting is paid media intended to coordinate the substance of a…
Trending Technologies in Wireless Earbuds in 2020
Are you looking to buy a “New Wireless Earbuds” to experience music to another level? With features like noise cancellation,…