The advancement in technology in the current dispensation has shifted most business operations into the digital space. Traditional shops transformed into online stores, nerds who helped you with homework started their sites with term paper help services, even flowers and other time-sensitive items can be bought (and sold) online. Most businesses market and trade using different digital platforms, and among these, entail popular email marketing. You might think that this marketing strategy proves new, though it has existed for close to forty years.
The initial marketing email got sent by Gary Thuerk, a marketer at DEC, around forty years ago. It entailed promotional content about the DEC to four hundred people, and it in turn generated a massive email spike. The stature of email marketing, however has grown tremendously, and today, it forms a critical part of marketing in any business organization.
Email Marketing in 2021
Emails form a strong messaging channel, and therefore its usefulness can never get started enough. 55% of the sampled marketers report receiving excellent ROI through email campaigns. Further, survey participants in the Seventh Sense study alluded to making plans when it comes to communicating with prospects and clients using emails, especially during these pandemic times.
HubSpot, reports email marketers as sending 27% extra emails during the pandemic times compared to the pre-covid-19 period. Additionally, LiveIntent has recently published data demonstrating more engagement when it comes to email newsletters, especially in shopping, finance, and hard news.
Statistics of Email Marketing
The importance of email marketing has widespread comprehension, especially when it comes to building band loyalty, customer engagement, with matters higher ROI, etc. So what statistics back the performance of email marketing? Below comprise some of the crucial stats.
- Segmented campaigns, when it comes to marketing, results in increased returns by up to 760%, according to the 2019 campaign monitor.
- The last twelve months have returned an increased email engagement level for 78% of the general population of marketers, according to the 2020 State of Marketing.
- The 2020 Content Marketing Institute reports that 31% of the B2B marketers acknowledge email newsletters as the best channel of growing leads.
- The 2018 Emarsys study stipulates that business experts amounting to 80% believe email marketing to enhance their customer retention.
- 59% of the 2018 SaleCycle study respondents allude to email marketing, having a significant influence on their purchasing decisions.
- Emma also found out that 59% of salespersons credit email as their largest ROI source in her 2018 study.
- Oberlo also found that email marketing creates $32 of ROI for each $1 spent.
- Smart Insights also credits emails with higher conversation rates compared to direct traffic, search, and social media.
- 81% of organizations who deal in business credit emails to driving customer acquisition, besides retention of about 80%, according to Emarsys
- Most marketers see a need to improve the area of personalization when it comes to email marketing, according to 67% of Upland Adestra’s and eConsultancy study respondents.
- Most respondents (51%) when it comes to email marketing attribute problems with data integration for companies as a thorn in implementing personalization.
- Personalization gets deployed a lot in email marketing besides becoming the most effective, though proves the most complex to execute, according to Ascend2 research.
Email marketing proves crucial when it comes to marketing strategies for companies. As a result, the statistics should guide your modeling and deployment of emails as a marketing tool in your respective business.
How Technology Is Improving Professional Cycling?
Professional Cycling: Technology in professional cycling has been embraced well in the recent past because of the ever-changing competitive environment….