The Security Operations Center, abbreviated SOC, is the center for all security-related services in the IT environment of organizations or companies.
It protects the IT infrastructure and data from internal and external threats.
To be able to perform this task, the SOC integrates, analyzes all security-relevant systems such as company servers, internet services, networks, or workstations.
In addition to analyzing the various systems and log files, and taking measures to protect data and applications are the central tasks of the SOC.
Also Read: Pros and Cons of the Internet
What is the Establishment of a SOC?
The SOC usually set up as a kind of central command station, where all employees gather in one place.
- There, monitors show information about the current state of IT, the threat situation, and any measures taken.
- The measures can take effect on both the application and the physical level.
- Physical security measures implement firewalls or intrusion detection systems and ensure direct protection of the company network.
- Protective measures at the application level are unique solutions for authorizing and authenticating users or antivirus software for detecting malware.
What are the Central Services of the SOC?
To ensure the adequate protection of data and IT systems, the Security Information Center provides the following central services:
- Proactive monitoring of IT systems and ongoing analyzes of the current threat situation
- Detection of weaknesses in IT security and their elimination
- Technical support for all security-related issues
- Reporting on the work of Security Information Center and all security-related systems
- Central security management for the different devices
- And also, Conducting security assessments
- Alerting of detected attacks and threats
- Direct countermeasures to limit the damage of cyber attacks
What are the Advantages of a security operations center?
- If a security operations center set up, there are numerous advantages for users of the SOC services.
- At the similar time, corporate management has a central point questions relating to IT security of contact for all.
- The management vigorously and regularly informed the SOC and is up-to-date about possible risks at all times.
- Since all security-relevant events and measures documented in the SOC, the legal regulations in data protection and data security can be fulfilled much faster and easier.
- And also, If a company acts as a service provider for IT services, required security service levels can demonstrate based on SOC reporting.
- If you want to learn about compliance automation software, visit the website Sprinto for more details.
Also Read: What is a USB Killer? – Definition, How Does this Device Works and More
How to Locate Your Lost Smartphone with the “Find My Device” Feature?
Losing your smartphone can be a frustrating and stressful experience, but the “Find My Device” feature can help make it…
Online Cybersecurity Training for Employees
The importance of online cybersecurity training for employees cannot be underestimated. It must also go above and beyond the monthly…
Review What is the SOC? – Definition, Advantages, and More.