- Developed by Netscape, now used in 92% of the websites;
- JS can get assigned to certain elements on the site, such as clicks
- It is lighter and faster than other programming languages;
- It may be less secure than other options due to its popularity;
Also read: What is Marking Language? – Definition, Differences, Types, And More
How is it different from other programming languages?
Helps you to add content to a web page.
Defines the alignment, style of web pages, and layouts.
Improves the behavior of the web.
It is easy to learn and use for a wide variety of purposes, from improving the functionality of a website to organization games and web-based software.
You don’t need a compiler because web browsers interpret it with HTML;
- It is easier to learn
- Errors are more comfortable to detect and correct
- can be assigned to certain web page elements or specific events, such as clicks or mouseover;
- JS works on multiple browsers and platforms.
- JS is useful to validate inputs and reduce the need for manual data checks
- Websites look more interactive and draw the attention of visitors
- It is faster than other programming languages.
The downside of this programming language is there is an additional incentive for hackers, scammers, and other malicious third parties to try to find loopholes and security flaws. Some weaknesses include:
Vulnerable to threats
- to carry out malicious code on a user’s computer;
- not always matched with different browsers and devices;
- The JS code snippets are quite large;
- On different devices, it can be displayed differently and generate inconsistencies.
How does It work on your website?
JS is generally embedded directly into a web page or referenced through a separate file. It gets downloaded and processed there before sending the files to the visitors.
Also read: What is HTTP 404? – Definition, Consequences, Negatives, And More
Coding Trends to Watch Out for in 2021
The software industry is changing rapidly, and as programmers and software developers, we must keep up with this pace of…
Romsopedia – Download best ROM games for Free