What is E-Learning? – Definition, Characteristics, Advantages, And More
E-learning is a training system whose main characteristic is that it is done through the Internet or connected to the network.
“E-Learning” is one of the words we use most in Avanzo. Some terms that surely sound like you and that many times mean the same thing as e-learning are the following:
- Distance training
- Virtual education
- Teaching or online training
Although all of them have nuances, most of the time we are referring to the same thing: to train (workers, students)
Characteristics of e-learning
The meaning of e-learning comes from “electronic learning” or electronic learning in English. Another possible in education and training through the Internet. This type of online teaching allows the user to interact with the material through the use of various computer tools. This teaching can focus on children, although in this article, we will focus on companies, the area of expertise of Avanzo.
Also read: What is a Scanner? – Definition, Function, Properties, and Types
The Simplicity of use
Advantages of E-Learning
Reduction of the cost of the training
While the investment is initial and maintenance, we avoid the expenses of transfer, accommodation, or educational material that are required when the practice is face-to-face. It is especially important when we talk about large organizations with different locations across the globe.
Once connected, any communication gets carried out quickly and both by students and students with tutors.
While the face-to-face training requires closed calendars, the online one enjoys the flexibility that allows us to connect at any time, provided the Internet is available.
Changes in education
The arrival of e-Learning has also changed the roles of students and teachers.
- The student is at the center of the training process (mass classes disappear with a single teacher addressing 20, 30, or 100 students equally).
- It promotes self-training and avoids the direct dependence of the student on the teacher.
- Although collaborative dynamics already existed in traditional training, group work is encouraged with e-Learning.
- Among the different professional profiles that have appeared thanks to e-learning, we have, for example, designers (both content and activities).
- Although they know classical pedagogy, the formats have changed. What takes previously expressed in two pages of a textbook is now a video or an infographic.
Due to the technical characteristics, e-Learning providers, such as Avanzo, have also gained transcendental importance.
Also read: What is Inventory? – Definition, Function, Types, Features, and More
Best Setups for FPS Gaming
FPS games have surely come a long way from 1993’s Doom. Nonetheless, their gaming concept remains the same—the monitor is…