What is Cascading Style Sheets(CSS) – Definition, Functions, And More
Table of Contents
Definition Cascading Style Sheets(CSS)
What are its functions on the Internet?
We use CSS technology to mark the separation of the content of web pages and the way they we present it. What generates multiple benefits, such as:
- present the final document in different styles (screen, voice, print);
- have a responsive website;
- avoid making files too heavy;
- define the visual style of an entire website. Thus, if we change a page, they will change all automatically;
- working with standards and separating (to some extent) the structure of the presentation, achieving a more defined work;
- provides more flexibility and control in website specifications;
- simplifies page creation.
Also read: What is HTTP 404? – Definition, Consequences, Negatives, And More
How are CSS and HTML linked?
HTML and CSS have a great relationship between them since HTML is a markup language (it constitutes the base of a website), and CSS defines the style of the page (all the beautiful part).
Although Cascading Style Sheets are not essential, they are essential to give shape and appearance to your website. If you only use HTML, your page will look bare and won’t stand out from the competition.
Why is it worth implementing CSS on a website?
The advantages of using Cascading Style Sheets are numerous, some of which we already mentioned above and others that we will tell you below:
- the ability to make visual modifications in one place (without having to edit all HTML documents separately);
- the ease of organizing and making changes;
- allowing pages to download faster;
- By separating, the accessibility and scannability of the content improves;
- the simplicity to create versions depending on the devices (tablets, smartphones, or mobile devices, among others), etc.
Cascading Style Sheets got this name because the characteristics are applied from top to bottom through rules that have a priority scheme.
This specification is a graphic design language that is written within the HTML code of the website and allows you to create pages more exactly and apply styles (colors, margins, shapes, fonts, etc.) for what you have better control of the final results.
The CSS helps to work in conjunction with the HTML. And because of the concept it uses (the separation of presentation and content), CSS technology has a comprehensive standard, with extensive specifications, benefits, and possibilities.
Nowadays you will find CSS in most web pages since it is as important a requirement as the markup language itself, be sure to implement it on your website!
Also read: What is Subnet Mask? – Definition, Functions, Operations, And More
Is Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Worth the Investment?
When it comes to safeguarding your vehicle, insurance stands as a pivotal consideration. Among the multitude of insurance options available,…
Streamlining Construction Projects with Managed IT: A Game-Changer for Efficiency
In the fast-paced world of construction, efficiency isn’t just a buzzword—it’s the cornerstone of success. Imagine a world where project…