Students Addiction to Gadgets
We live in the age of the internet and electronic devices. These are essential to almost every aspect of our lives and we depend on them. So, it is not crazy to think that many have become addicted to electronic devices, especially among students and young people. But, where does this addiction comes from and what are its consequences? Learn about it in this article.
Reasons of gadget addiction
The addiction to gadgets is a palpable problem that grows by the day. Why is it becoming so common? Why are all students at risk of suffering from this? Here are some of the factors that propel gadget addiction.
- Electronic devices are a way to escape reality. Many students feel overwhelmed by their academic and personal life. In this context, going online is a relief and the fastest way to feel better.
- On the internet, students can project the image of what they want to be. In social network and websites, it is possible to be whoever you want, even if that person is not what your are in reality. This is a factor especially common in students with depression or low self-esteem.
- Many students are electronics addict because they don’t feel emotional support at home. This is a situation that pushes students to look for approval and guidance in persons they meet online.
- The huge amount of shy people that have problems establishing relations with others find on the internet the solution. On virtual platforms, they don’t feel exposed and are more comfortable communicating. A sample of this are those who have a lot of followers on social networks but don’t have many friends in “real life”.
- Some people are predisposed to addictions in general. Since we are living in the age of the internet, electronic device addiction has displaced addictions to tobacco, alcohol and drugs.
- Students depend on their electronic devices. Alarms, reminders, notes, recording, schedule… Everything is on their phones or computers. So, in consequence, students spend a lot of time on their devices in order to have their lives organized.
In the past few years, the increase of electronic device addiction has been so striking that essays about addiction are now a common assignment. For many, this is a delicate subject, very hard to approach. To solve that problem, there are services that offer addiction research paper topics, which make the students’ job much easier. These services can also help if what you need is a free essay example to use as a guide for your essay about addiction to gadgets. In any case, the fact that this subject is constantly studied in schools and colleges is an example of the influence it has on our daily lives.
Consequences of gadget addiction
Electronic device addiction is not a simple and inconsequential problem. There are many issues that can derive from the excessive use of gadgets. An electronics addict can suffer emotional and psychological consequences that can seriously affect their futures:
- Tendency to procrastination.
- Dismissal of responsibilities.
- Acute depression.
- Social isolation.
- Technostress, a new condition that consists of trying to work as effectively a computer, which is impossible for humans and only creates a state of constant frustration.
Besides the emotional and physiological consequences, there are also physiological consequences that affect an electronics addict. These are more numerous and some of them are new conditions that didn’t exist before the technological boom. We tell you about them:
- The cell phone elbow. This is an issue that happens to people that held the phone up in their ears for long periods of time. This syndrome that causes pain in the elbow and forearm.
- The eye strain. This is a consequence of the blue light that its emitted by electronic screens. It causes tiredness and redness in the eyes.
- It can provoke hearing problems. Something especially common in students that are gamers and use headphones. These problems can become chronic if not attended properly.
- Thumb damage. Texting, scrolling, holding the phone, pushing buttons repeatedly for long periods of time. These are activities that can cause damage in the thumbs when done on a daily basis. This damage causes pain and long term harm.
- Low sperm count. Recent studies show that men who are gadget addicted suffer from low sperm count when they don’t have a good WiFi connection. There is still to determine if this causes permanent damage or if it is reversible.
The addiction to electronic devices is an example of the problems of our modern world. It is a big issue in our society that shouldn’t be taken lightly and need to be addressed properly in order to avoid permanent damage in the affected people.
A Beginner’s Guide to Investing in the Technology Industry
Investing in the Technology Industry With its swift advancement, technology is becoming an integral part of our everyday life. Over…
Gadgets To Keep You Warm In Winters
Gadgets To Keep You Warm In Winters Winter, a season loved by most of the people due to its shenanigans…