Starting Digital Transformation of your business with Jira
Digital transformation is the rethinking of the ways of organizing the work in the team and the whole company for effective interaction with customers through modern technologies and data analysis.
Why would a company need digital transformation if everything works like this?
To answer this question, let’s think about your customers first. With the development of technology, they are becoming more and more demanding. Many processes are accelerated dozens of times, and some disappear altogether for their uselessness. And this is becoming a new norm that businesses must comply with.
Even if your business is afloat now, this does not mean that it will not become obsolete next year. The ability to change quickly in conditions of constant digitalization is a critical competitive advantage that every company should think about. And the sooner you get involved in this race, the better. Customers are becoming more demanding every day, and the demand for qualified employees still significantly exceeds the supply.
How to carry out Digital Transformation of the business? Simple recommendations
There is no universal solution for any business here. Each company accumulates data in different ways, uses various technologies in work, and relies on other employees’ skills. But there are overall recommendations that are suitable for the transformation of any business.
Support on the Management level
Digital transformation should be supported and promoted by the company’s top management. It is a prerequisite for the fruitful implementation of the planned changes. The main task of administration is to “sell” (in a good sense of the word) innovations to staff and show how they will affect them.
Customarily, new business processes are implemented within the existing organizational structure by employees who have been working within existing processes for a long time. There are significant risks inherent in this approach, and that’s why:
- Any innovations require time for training and adaptation. As mentioned above, this continuously causes an inevitable rejection among employees. Fears for their work, unwillingness to change established practices, unwillingness to learn, fear of the new — these are the traditional attributes of any internal corporate changes.
- When switching to new processes will require more effort from employees. It is essential to keep operational efficiency and simultaneously change to new rules of operation.
Agile business process management model
The traditional theory of optimization and reengineering of business processes in the new realities is complemented by the Agile mindset in your teams.
An Atlassian Expert, Aleks Yenin, principal Polontech consultant, states that the top way to have an up-to-date version of business processes is to use one or a combo of Agile frameworks to manage the company’s business processes the optimal software that will cope with your business tasks.
Choosing the right software
You will have a much better chance of a successful transformation with the right tools. And in this case, a simple set of Google sheets will not be enough to organize work in your teams.
Fortunately, everything has already been thought up before us. Tools like Jira are explicitly designed for project management and allow you to automate routine tasks, monitor all activities, and see the whole picture.
At Polytech, we provide Jira integration services to optimize the company’s business processes. It’s created on an iterative approach to managing any project. With its help, teams increase effectiveness, complete tasks faster, and customers get more value while spending fewer resources.
- Use built technologies for cooperation to monitor all working processes in the company in real-time: achieve your thoughts, prioritize tasks and check their fulfillment.
- Find a compromise quickly using advanced tools, monitor collaboration in a team, and how many tasks are completed.
- Save more time and respected resources with Jira technologies: scale the project as your team grows and distribute tasks among your team members.
- When your teams have specific requirements and additional features, Jira can be customized easily by Jira apps and plugins development and Jira modifications to boost your business
When starting implementing Jira, the Polontech Atlassian experts follow these steps:
- Analyze how your ecosystem works. We define what should be digitalized. The opportunities it will bring, the blockers we’ll face, and the KPI to measure success.
- Start gradual transformation. We choose the team that’ll be the pioneer in digital transformation in the areas that bring the most value.
- Introduce a continuous improvement model. It’s based on your current capacities, perfectly scalable to your growth plans, and following success patterns that Polontech has worked out for ten years of digitally transforming companies in every industry.
- Regular assessments. We introduce best practices for periodic evaluations and keeping digitalization aligned with your business strategy.
Summing it up
Digital transformation of business is not just another marketing term, and it is a new reality that requires a radical revision of business processes and approaches to working with clients. The ability to quickly adapt to changes and optimize your work on the fly and adapt to customer expectations are the main challenges that business digitalization brings. Considering the flexibility of Jira tools and other Atlassian products, we can use the Atlassian stack to digitize any process in any industry.
10 WordPress Themes For Better Performance With Hosting Choice
WordPress Themes For Better Performance With Hosting Choice If you’re new to online business or looking to expand your current…
The role of data leadership in data transformation
Data leadership plays a vital role in modern businesses in the digital era. Data leaders are increasingly relied upon to…
Review Starting Digital Transformation of your business with Jira.