Site License Definition
A Site License is an agreement that is applied when a company or public institution purchase commercial software in bulk and uses it for employees.
Many software manufacturers have introduced special sales methods that apply discount prices, fixed amounts, etc. And also according to the number of users and the number of users when corporations and others purchase in bulk.
It is often cheaper than purchasing a personalized package version at a store, and depending on the scale and contract method, a dedicated support window or a person in charge may be assigned.
Product package forms and program files are often separate from the normal version. And a function for providing a large number of duplicate installations provides via a local area network (LAN), And also a dedicated registration number enters at a startup. It may have become.
Depending on the manufacturer or product, “ corporate license ” for corporations, “government license” for government agencies and local governments, and also “academic license” or “ Sometimes referred to as “school license.”
Also Read: Instagram The Rock – 20 Dwayne Johnson Best Instagram Post from 2019
Types of License
Single User License
- A single-user license is registered to one designated user, and the registered user is the only authorized user.
- We request the name, department, organization, address, and email address of the software users at the time of purchase.
- A network, server, public access computer, or in a computing lab cannot install this Single user license.
- A single-user license allows two installations: a primary desktop and a secondary laptop or home computer as long as the usage is only by the registered user.
- We register the software user, not an administrative or IT person.
- All licenses include PDF documentation, etc.
Multi-User Department Site License
- Single site licenses department are available for multiple users. The site is a group of users (such as a department, center, faculty, unit, division, etc.) within an organization in one place. Furthermore, other groups cannot include software access as its only for the licensed group.
- The licensed group includes the actual software users. Also, IT department, administrative, computing, and systems may not hold the license.
- We request all the group and organization name, location, and installation type at the time of purchase.
There are two installation options:
Stand-alone PC license: The installation of LIMDEP or NLOGIT may be on the licensed number of on-site desktops and organization-owned laptops, but not home computers, and every installation counts.
Network license: The installation of LIMDEP or NLOGIT may be on one network server for use within a single location. And also, it does not include remote or virtual access from home and off-site locations. The server must monitor the number of simultaneous users and limit access to the licensed group. A remote access network lease is also available.
- A single site license does not cover multiple locations, etc.
- A student license is solely for educational use by one full-time student enrolled in an accredited degree-granting program. It may require verification of student status.
- A student license provides full program capabilities with a limited data capacity of 99 variables and 1,500 observations.
- A student license offers a 12-month lease. (The lease term is from the date of purchase, not the date of installation.)
- A student license is registered to one designated user, and the registered user is the only authorized user.
- We request the name, department, university, address, and email address of the software users at the time of purchase, etc.
Also Read: What is a Mini DV? Definition, History, Uses and More
Exodus Redux Kodi Add-on
Exodus Redux is a Kodi addon that provides access to lots of movies and TV shows. It appears to be…
How to Advertise an Open House All Over the Internet?
An open house is a great way to market your house and attract buyers to come and explore the property….