Circuit Switching Definition
Circuit switching is a method of using a communication line and occupies a physical or logical transmission path to a communication partner during communication. A so-called analog telephone is this system.
It is one of the oldest existing systems. And it has the feature that stable communication is possible with relatively simple equipment. And also, quality is easy to guarantee because it occupies a line (guarantee type).
Compared to then was born method, is poor utilization efficiency of the line, communication. And a plurality of opponent dynamic of route selection can not. Such as concentration, congestion of communication (congestion and) occurs most of the terminal fallen into non-connection. There is a difficulty that it ends up.
On the other hand, as a communication system that does not depend on circuit switching. There is a method of sending sequentially the signal and data stored relay station temporarily, ” store-and ” (store and forward: store-and-forward), or ” packet communication, “packet-switched And so on.
Also Read: What is a Cisco XNC? – Definition, Features and More
Phases of circuit switching communication
- Circuit-switched communication involves three stages that consist of creating the path (or circuit) between the ends, transmitting the information and carrying out the circuit disconnection.
- Once the connection path establishes, a reserve of fixed bandwidth is for the duration of the session. Once the call ends the channel is released so that another circuit can use it.
- The switches must make their way through the network to create the communication channels and thus manage the requested connection.
- In this way, with a single telephone, you can establish two-way communications with other users, that is, generate incoming and outgoing calls with extreme ease and all that entails.
Advantages and Disadvantages
We begin by delving into the different elements that we should consider when working with circuit-based switching. And first, we focus on the positive aspects.
For example, there is a channel to determine solely by the fixed bandwidth, so that communication is constant for the duration of the session.
- But this connection must be made in a suitable way to be able to maintain the connection properly. On the other hand, another important advantage is that since it is a fixed circuit there is no room for delays due to the chaining of the data. You also have to evaluate in a very positive way an aspect that all specialists like real-time communication.
- With it, the data and changes that reflect in the work processes streamlines, allowing everything to be more dynamic. In the case of the flies, it must be said that it is a complete type of switching.
- Regarding the inconveniences, one of the main ones is that during the communication period, many system resources will be consumed, like bandwidth.
- There is also a possibility of delays in the establishment of calls and some calls may be intermittent depending on the stability of the channels and how congested they are.
- Another disadvantage is the absence of alternative physical channels that allow increasing effectiveness and shielding against possible shortcomings.
In addition, the establishment of information requires some patience, since the process can be a bit slower than expected. And as a last great inconvenience. It cannot be ruled out that a physical system is being used which can lead to certain circumstances. Causing problems related to data loss due to the cause of external damage on these platforms.
Also Read: A Perfect Guide About Machine Learning For Non-technical People
9 Must-Know Tips for Getting Started Homeschooling
Getting Started Homeschooling Once a fairly new concept, homeschooling is now how 2.5 million American children in grades K-12 receive…
What’s Your Smartphone Made Out Of? (The Answer Will Shock You!)
What are phones made out of? Is your phone safe and environmental-friendly? Read on to learn everything you need to…