What is a Botnet? – Definition, Procedure for Removal and More
What is a Botnet?
A Botnet, or rather, a network of bots is a network consisting of a large number of computer equipment that has been “hijacked” by malware so that they are available to a hacker.
When taking control of hundreds or thousands of computers. And also, the uses of botnets are to send spam or viruses, to steal personal information or to perform distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. Today, they are considered one of the biggest threats on the Internet.
Where do they come from?
In order for your computer to be part of a botnet, you first need to infect with some malware that communicates with a remote server or with other infected computers on the network.
In this way, he receives instructions from who controls the botnet, usually hackers and cybercriminals. Despite its wide range and scope, botnet malware infection is no different from normal infection.
How to Recognize these Networks of Bots?
- It can be known that a computer is infected by a botnet essentially in the same way that it can be identified that any other type of malware has affected it.
- Some symptoms may be that the computer is running slowly, acting strangely, showing error messages. And also having a fan start suddenly while it is idle.
- These are all symptoms that someone may be using your computer remotely as part of a bot network.
How do I remove my computer from a botnet?
- To remove a computer from a botnet network, you must uninstall the malicious software that controls it.
- Besides, the best way to do this is to perform an antivirus scan of your computer, which should locate the [botnet] malware and remove it — a simple solution for a severe problem.
How to avoid botnet malware?
- Have robust and reliable antivirus software installed on your computer
- Configure your software to update automatically
- Be very careful where you click, what download, or what files you open.
Also Read: What is ATP (Advanced Threat Protection)? – Definition and More
5 Styles For Decorating Your Restaurant With Wood Bar Stools
Are you looking to decorate your restaurant with wood bar stools? With the right style, you can create a unique…
How Does Edge Computing Work? Beginner’s Guide
Every year that goes by, edge computing becomes more popular. This isn’t by accident: edge computing is a huge force…
Review What is a Botnet? – Definition, Procedure for Removal and More.