Cybersecurity Specialist Definition
Cybersecurity Specialist deal with the protection of information in computer networks, online servers, or cloud servers, mobile devices, among others.
These professionals analyze the risks and develop strategies to prevent any transfer or cyber violation.
The mission is to fight against cybercriminals, commonly known as hackers, thieves, and cyber spies, use the internet and various hacking methods to steal confidential information.
Due to its connection with computing and technology, the work of the Cybersecurity Specialists coincides with some of the tasks performed in the area of Computer Science.
Also Read: What is Graphic Design? – Definition, Uses, Features and More
What are the principal functions of the Cybersecurity Specialist?
The most common Functions of a Cybersecurity Specialist:
Understand the information to protect:
- Determine appropriate security measures for the type of information.
- And also, Explain the security measures implemented to employees, using non-specialized language.
Protect personal or confidential information from unauthorized access or use:
- Identify potential security risks.
- Similarly, Design defensive strategies and systems against intruders.
- Implement protocols capable of counteracting potential threats.
- And also, Report incidents.
Test strategies and security defenses:
- However, Simulate violations of unauthorized access to identify potential weaknesses.
- Proceed as a hacker would do to test defense systems.
- And also, Try to access certain information without using the required credentials.
- Prepare reports based on the results obtained in the different tests.
Develop defense systems and protocols:
- Create new layers of protection.
- And also, Update security systems.
- Develop new protocols to counter threats.
What are the daily tasks of Cybersecurity Specialist?
- Basically, Protect information from unauthorized access, duplication, modification, or destruction.
- Analyze the security measures implemented to protect the information.
- Perform tests on the systems and correct any weakness or vulnerability.
- And also, Configure security programs and tools.
- Run vulnerability tests and update security protocols and systems.
- Grant access and credentials to authorized users.
- And also, Monitor access to information.
What should be the Candidate profile?
Advanced computer and technology knowledge:
- Be familiar with computer security systems.
- And also, Manage computer security protocols.
- Being able to execute, configure, monitor, and maintain security programs.
Analytical skills and problem-solving:
- Being able to identify problems or violations in the security program.
- And also, Manage the necessary procedures to solve problems and implement the respective protocols.
High levels of creativity and patience:
- Being able to devise innovative ways to develop and implement security measures and preventive protocols.
- And also, Imagine how a hacker would try to access the information.
Ability to make decisions:
- To have a logical and analytical approach to problem-solving, being able to evaluate the best plan of action.
- And also, Understand the test results and develop the best solution.
Also Read: What is Confidentiality? – Definition, Uses and More