AxCrypt is a security utility that allows you to protect the confidentiality of files. The introduction of it in public was in 2001 to help users share confidential files over the internet without any worries about stealing their essential data.
This software was becoming one of the best free encryption tools, and since 2016, the company expanded the software to include many new features that are available only on the premium and business plans.
- To encode a file, just right-click and enter a password. You must also choose a key file; in this case, it will be necessary to be able to decode the original file.
- Decoding a file is with the same procedure: simply double click on the encoded file and enter the password.
- AxCrypt and its 128-bit encryption, allows you to have fully protected documents on the PC, even if it shares with other people.
It is also useful for sending files by email with the assurance that only the recipient (if you know the password) can view them.
Also Read: What is a Logic Bomb? – Definition, Methods, and More
- AxCrypt integrates directly into the Internet Explorer browser, enabling encryption, decryption, viewing, and editing of any file.
- It uses the AES-128 and SHA-1 algorithms, which meet the security requirements of the United States government and Internet conventions.
- Some additional options of AxCrypt are the auto-decryption of files (which means that it is not necessary to have the application installed on the computer where you want to decrypt), automatic re-encryption of a file after editing, total and secure file deletion temporary, validation of the integrity of cryptographic data and passwords.
- Encrypted files have the extension * .axx and are shown with a different icon.
- AxCrypt is an accessible tool for any user. It has a translation into languages like English, Danish, Swedish, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Norwegian. And it does not need a configuration of any kind.
AxCrypt is a dynamic file encryption software that allows you to do much more than encrypting your confidential files.
It also offers a host of essential security features that you can use to improve your file protection, such as file wipe, password generation, cloud storage connection, Key sharing, and so on.
With this software, you can work together with users and share your confidential documents with them.
You don’t need to worry that anyone can steal your encrypted data with the advanced encryption system. Since once the files encrypt, they are not hackable.
All in all, if you are looking for a secure file encryption software with many of its security features. This is the software that you should use.
Also Read: Unroll Me Puts You in Control of Your Inbox
Review What is a AxCrypt? – Definition, Characteristics and More. Cancel reply