What is Advertising? – Definition, Benefits, Techniques, And More
Table of Contents
Advertising is a communication of information that recruits an openly paid, non-personal valid message about a product, service, or idea. Sponsors of advertising usually are businesses that want to promote their products or services.
[Advertising] is a means of dissemination in which various organizations, companies, individuals, NGOs, among others, try to make themselves known, announce or refer to certain goods, services, to interest potential buyers, users, etc.
Within marketing, [advertising] is the most effective means to attract the attention of the required audience. To carry out this function, publicists and agencies that are specialists in the subject are hired.
Also read: What is Reflex Camera? – Definition, Functions, Features, And More
When did the advertising come about?
Advertising as we know it arises from the last years of the 19th century. It is due to the Second Industrial Revolution and the need to address as many individuals as possible.
At this time, the media begin to have significant development. Still, they were looking for funds, which is why a substantial kind of association between the media and [advertising].
After the Second World War, there is a new explosion in the world of [advertising], and many techniques and media that we still use today begin to emerge.
Phases or stages of advertising
There are three phases within the [advertising] world:
Also known under the name of the initial stage, here we try to expose the new goods or services produced.
At this moment, they position the product in the market, but not in the desired place.
Image conservation phase
The good or service obtains the demand that is desired by the bidders. That is why they launch campaigns to maintain the image they already enjoy.
Besides, with the launch of the advertising campaigns, a research stage begins. The objective is to know the effectiveness of [advertising]. Some of the reasons are knowing the acceptance or rejection of the public, knowing if the message reaches the desired audience.
What are the advertising techniques?
We use various resources and techniques in advertising to attract potential buyers.
Some of the concrete techniques are,
- In this case, they create campaigns whose production stock is in limit; it is in this way that they create a particular urgency of purchase.
- Use of peer approval, which shows satisfied characters with whom potential applicants may feel reflected and identified.
- Other times the product is advertised from clear and straightforward information, use of scientific resources to demonstrate from specific figures the satisfaction of the buyers or the excellent results obtained.
- Many times slogans can be identified where the guarantee is paramount; that is to say that the positive results will last for years or if they do not get satisfaction from the client they return the money.
- On certain occasions, they exploit specific fears of potential users or buyers to encourage their demand, like insurance.
Also read: What is Migration? – Definition, Causes, Types, and More
How FedRAMP Helps Strengthen Cloud Security for Government Agencies
In an age where digital transformation is reshaping the way governments operate and deliver services, cloud computing has emerged as…
GRC Challenges in a Remote Work Environment: Navigating New Risks and Opportunities
The global workplace landscape underwent a seismic shift in 2020 when the COVID-19 pandemic forced organizations to rapidly embrace remote…